Our marriage ceremony venue caught fireplace however firefighters had been in a position to save the cake

A wedding was cancelled for the third time when the venue caught hearth as a result of the groom welcomed his guests.

James Leggett was inside with attendees and bride Amy Heath was two minutes from leaving her resort room when the museum went up in smoke.

Police ran in to evacuate everyone after the roof caught hearth at We The Curious in Bristol on Saturday.

The ceremony was cancelled nonetheless firefighters salvaged the untouched three-tiered wedding ceremony cake along with outdated sentimental footage from the smoke and water-damaged establishing. 

It’s understood the wedding had already been delayed twice sooner than due to Covid.

Royal Mail HGV driver James talked about he was fully gutted, together with: “We’re every heartbroken nonetheless the love and assist of our household and buddies was unreal.

“It ended up being a surprising, if unconventional, day.”

The shut by Bristol Resort positioned on a room for the guests to profit from the drinks and wedding ceremony speeches

And photographs confirmed two firemen carrying throughout the rescued cake, with the bride later slicing it.

James added: “The day was an absolute whirlwind of emotions.

“As soon as we heard the pictures and the cake had been recovered, after which seen the firemen stroll not distant with it, was merely indescribable.”

Bridesmaid Grace Williams talked about: “Because of the very good firefighters who salvaged the untouched wedding ceremony cake from the reception room from what should have been James’ wedding ceremony had it not been for the fireside. 

James Leggett was inside with attendees when the venue went up in flames.
Twitter/ @Leggett84

“Moreover they salvaged outdated footage with monumental sentimental price too. Thanks!”

See also  Lizzo Shares Harry Types Coachella Selfie

Bride Amy’s sister Kathryn Bradfield often called it “the perfect ending to an in some other case weird and bonkers day”.

She added: “Her pretty dream wedding ceremony was truly burning sooner than her eyes. Actually unbelievable.

“I can’t categorical my unhappiness for Amy and James for not with the power to say “I do”, nonetheless so proud of them every for making the perfect out of the sh**check out situation.”

Picture voltaic panels on the roof of museum We The Curious caught hearth nonetheless the set off is unknown.

A big emergency service response was scrambled when smoke billowed all through city and half a dozen firefighters have been seen on the roof.

All employees and friends have been evacuated safely.

This story initially appeared on The Solar and has been reproduced proper right here with permission.